What is Cellfina?
- Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite.
- Results last at least FIVE years – the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite.
- Cellfina combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology to produce precise, long-lasting results.
How does Cellfina work?
- The Cellfina® System treats the primary structural cause of cellulite – the connective bands woven throughout fat in the thighs and buttocks.
- These tight bands pull down the skin, creating the puckering you see on the surface of the skin. Similar to a rubber band under tension, once released, the treated skin bounces back to smooth itself out.
How soon will I see results?
Results can be seen in as little as three days. In the pivotal study, patient satisfaction was 85 percent at three months, 94 percent at one year, 96 percent at two years, and 93 percent at three years! This is surpassing the patient satisfaction rates of any other leading cellulite treatments. Patients in the pivotal study showed significant improvement shortly after the treatment, with results lasting at least three years. This is the longest FDA clearance for a cellulite treatment!
Does Cellfina involve Surgery?
Cellfina does not involve an operating room or general anesthesia. It relies on a minimally invasive, small-needle-sized device to treat the cellulite-causing bands just beneath the surface of the skin. With this, there will be small needle insertion for local anesthesia and insertion of a small blade under the skin to cut the bands. Depending on the severity of the cellulite formation this procedure can take about 45 min or more.
Are there any Side Effects of Cellfina?
Pivotal studies have shown that there are no serious adverse events associated with Cellfina. The most common side effects reported by patients in the FDA-cleared pivotal study were soreness, tenderness, and bruising. Just three days after treatment patients rated their pain as minimal (2.7 on a scale of 0 to 10) and most (82 percent) felt pain only with touch or pressure to the area treated. This minimal pain improved quickly with time. More than 90 percent of patients had no bruising at four weeks.
Downtime and Cost Associated with Cellfina
There is limited downtime associated with Cellfina. Some patients experience initial soreness and tenderness, but these side effects resolve quickly with time. Usually, it takes two weeks to go back to exercise and a couple of weeks of bruising. Since the treatment is very personalized, the best way to secure an accurate quote is to consult with a physician such as Dr. Moazemi. The average price around the Walnut Creek area runs between $3500-$5000.